Ulverston dad-of-one found hanged at home
Last updated at 13:39, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
A DAUGHTER has paid tribute to her dad, who was found hanged at home.
Police were called to an address in Oxford Street, Ulverston, at 3.16pm on Sunday.
Dad-of-one David Howson, 51, travelled the county as a bookmaker and was a keen hound trailer.
Daughter Becky posted on Mr Howson’s Facebook page: “I can imagine you in a big trail field in heaven, with everyone’s departed friends and dogs racing – with a cheap beer tent of course.
“I bet you have already had a telling off from my nan though.
“I miss you loads but I’ll catch up with you.
“Hope you’re at peace now anyway, Dad.
“I could write forever about how much you mean to me and all our memories but I know you won’t forget.
“Love you millions.”
Mr Howson was much-loved among the trailing community.
Comments on the Hound Trailing News website said: “The whole of the hound trailing community has been deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of another one of our great characters.
“RIP David Howson.
“May all our thoughts be with his wife Jacqueline and daughter Becky.”
Barry Laidler, chairman of the Hound Trailing Association, said: “We pass on our deepest condolences to Jacqueline and Becky for the sudden loss of a husband and father, David.
“We shall miss his vibes, his colourful language, his in depth knowledge, and his expert timing of putting his foot in it.
“David will be a sad loss to our sport, to the bookmaking fraternity and most of all his friends and family.”
Mr Howson was a big Preston North End football fan and was named ‘fan of the week’ in 2009.
He supported the team for 18 years.
The coroner has been informed and a post mortem is due to take place on Thursday.
First published at 13:14, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22