Ulverston dad-of-one found hanged at home
Last updated at 13:39, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
A DAUGHTER has paid tribute to her dad, who was found hanged at home.
Police were called to an address in Oxford Street, Ulverston, at 3.16pm on Sunday.
Dad-of-one David Howson, 51, travelled the county as a bookmaker and was a keen hound trailer.
Daughter Becky posted on Mr Howson’s Facebook page: “I can imagine you in a big trail field in heaven, with everyone’s departed friends and dogs racing – with a cheap beer tent of course.
“I bet you have already had a telling off from my nan though.
“I miss you loads but I’ll catch up with you.
“Hope you’re at peace now anyway, Dad.
“I could write forever about how much you mean to me and all our memories but I know you won’t forget.
“Love you millions.”
Mr Howson was much-loved among the trailing community.
Comments on the Hound Trailing News website said: “The whole of the hound trailing community has been deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of another one of our great characters.
“RIP David Howson.
“May all our thoughts be with his wife Jacqueline and daughter Becky.”
Barry Laidler, chairman of the Hound Trailing Association, said: “We pass on our deepest condolences to Jacqueline and Becky for the sudden loss of a husband and father, David.
“We shall miss his vibes, his colourful language, his in depth knowledge, and his expert timing of putting his foot in it.
“David will be a sad loss to our sport, to the bookmaking fraternity and most of all his friends and family.”
Mr Howson was a big Preston North End football fan and was named ‘fan of the week’ in 2009.
He supported the team for 18 years.
The coroner has been informed and a post mortem is due to take place on Thursday.
First published at 13:14, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
Evening Mail homepage
- Robin Hulbert's 2010/2011 season blog - entry 3 (1 comment)
- Community heroes honoured at Heart of Ulverston awards (4 comments)
- Centre missing healthy message
- Easier to feel better united
- Bad weather stops cricket play
- Treasures to be found among the waste
- Meters debate unites parties
- Cash pots could make difference
- Speed is vital to bus rescue
- Pray for swift end to repairs
- Ulverston 'flying rodents' outcry (6 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Sainsbury's plan for town (27 comments)
- Sheridan leaves Barrow AFC (25 comments)
- Woman pushed down stairs in Ulverston Train Station attack (1 comment)
- Police investigate multiple vehicle crime in Ulverston
- Passengers injured in A590 Ulverston bus crash (1 comment)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Fears of fresh flooding after beck banks burst (1 comment)
- Farmer fears for the future after court fine (11 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36