Ulverston dad-of-one found hanged at home
Last updated at 13:39, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
A DAUGHTER has paid tribute to her dad, who was found hanged at home.
Police were called to an address in Oxford Street, Ulverston, at 3.16pm on Sunday.
Dad-of-one David Howson, 51, travelled the county as a bookmaker and was a keen hound trailer.
Daughter Becky posted on Mr Howson’s Facebook page: “I can imagine you in a big trail field in heaven, with everyone’s departed friends and dogs racing – with a cheap beer tent of course.
“I bet you have already had a telling off from my nan though.
“I miss you loads but I’ll catch up with you.
“Hope you’re at peace now anyway, Dad.
“I could write forever about how much you mean to me and all our memories but I know you won’t forget.
“Love you millions.”
Mr Howson was much-loved among the trailing community.
Comments on the Hound Trailing News website said: “The whole of the hound trailing community has been deeply saddened by the tragic and sudden loss of another one of our great characters.
“RIP David Howson.
“May all our thoughts be with his wife Jacqueline and daughter Becky.”
Barry Laidler, chairman of the Hound Trailing Association, said: “We pass on our deepest condolences to Jacqueline and Becky for the sudden loss of a husband and father, David.
“We shall miss his vibes, his colourful language, his in depth knowledge, and his expert timing of putting his foot in it.
“David will be a sad loss to our sport, to the bookmaking fraternity and most of all his friends and family.”
Mr Howson was a big Preston North End football fan and was named ‘fan of the week’ in 2009.
He supported the team for 18 years.
The coroner has been informed and a post mortem is due to take place on Thursday.
First published at 13:14, Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Tickets for Paul Merton in Ulverston
- Film-making pair will capture 8,500-mile Ulverston to China challenge
- Ulverston death sparks fears of drug menace’s return
- Ulverston man denies camera theft and order breach
- Delays caused by train breakdown between Barrow and Ulverston
- Concerns over ‘derelict’ state of Ulverston brewery site (9 comments)
- Crime in Ulverston falls for second year in row
- Vandals cost Dalton businessman £10k in repairs (1 comment)
- Competitors show a touch of brass - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Standards of playing impress judges - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Entrants in fine voice - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Recorder players hit right notes - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Siblings shine at grand finale - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Security costs £5k at disused Ulverston facility
- Tackling dog fouling is top of agenda for Ulverston campaigners (1 comment)
- Traffic diversions planned for Ulverston road while National Grid move a gas main (1 comment)
- Heavy traffic causing delays between Barrow and Ulverston (1 comment)
- Delays following A590 crash near Ulverston (1 comment)
- Holiday prize draw raises cash for Ulverston couple
- Police reveal latest twist in Ulverston rape investigation
- Store giant to consider reviving plan to build Ulverston supermarket
- Cumbria hot air balloon crashes into power cables (1 comment)
- Cumbria blue tit enthusiast films birds
- Ulverston street closures come into effect today (14 comments)
- Millions set to be invested in projects across Cumbria
Evening Mail homepage
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans