Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston students perform Peter Pan
- Ulverston residents voice their anger over home plan
- Ulverston Victoria High School Ofsted report revealed
- Ulverston high street store to close permanently
- Memories burn bright at inspiring Ulverston service
- Cumbria police investigating theft of £1,000 worth of power tools over the weekend
- Fresh blood vital to iconic Ulverston venue’s future
- Controversial Cumbria turbine to be built after appeal by firm
- Rats force Ulverston family to sleep in living room
- Kind Ulverston girl Madeline cares for mum
- Fire crews sound the alarm on service cuts at Ulverston meeting
- Appeal for public to protect Ulverston hall’s future
- Landrover stolen from house in Cumbria
- Car stolen from South Cumbria village
- Replacement for Stuart Hyde former Cumbria deputy chief constable announced
- Cumbria farmer awarded for working with youngsters
- Ulverston volunteer among best in the UK
- Parking charges frozen across Ulverston and South Lakes (2 comments)
- £3,000 charity giveaway across Ulverston, Barrow and Millom continues
- Townsfolk get into character for Ulverston festival (2 comments)
- Ofsted inspects South Cumbria secondary school
- Traffic disruption continues on the A590 near Ulverston (1 comment)
- Burglary closes Ulverston supermarket
- Police issue traffic advice ahead of today's Ulverston Dickensian festival
- Ulverston set for biggest lights switch-on yet