Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Barrow friends’ instant cancer test invention amazes scientists (1 comment)
- Dave sees timepiece runs like clockwork
- Optometrist nominated for Heart of Ulverston award
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- African odyssey an unforgettable time for Cumbria students
- North Lonsdale Show pins hopes on another record year
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Ulverston volunteer wins praise for church gardening
- Ulverston church has fancy dress celebration for start of school holidays
- Fun on Ulverston canal is a real crowd-puller
- Ulverston care home worker ‘suffers ear-bite attack’
- Gill tells of joy as she’s put forward for Heart of Ulverston award
- Trading standards to investigate secondhand cars for sale in Ulverston lay-by (11 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket row set to reignite (18 comments)
- Support pours in for grieving Ulverston dad’s quest
- Missing blind dog found in Cumbria (7 comments)
- We weren’t prepared for this, say Ulverston Scouts
- Terminally ill Ulverston man made false benefit claims
- Funding threat to Ulverston building is 'gun to councillors' heads' (4 comments)
- Oil spill closes road near Ulverston
- Cumbria police investigating historic sex offences in schools
- Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
- New consultation to launch into new homes near Ulverston
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (11 comments)
- Ulverston campaigners reach fighting fund £5k target (17 comments)