Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Teen on drug cash charge stopped in Ulverston
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Ulverston Town Council back Ford Park housing plans (12 comments)
- Ulverston marathon plan unveiled
- Christmas night out in Ulverston turns to violence
- Mel’s bringing lost art of cut-throat razor shaving to Ulverston
- Work to start today on £350 million Ulverston factory
- Residents hit out at Cumbria village turbine plan (5 comments)
- Work to start next week on first phase of Ulverston drugs giant’s £350m development (4 comments)
- Get your Christmas tree collected to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Vindictive Ulverston bully avoids jail for harassing couple
- Pledge to spend £7m on upgrading Sandside school in Ulverston
- Top exec offers inspiring tips to Ulverston school’s brightest
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Councillor criticises 'moronic' rules of Ulverston street market (17 comments)
- Ulverston dad takes on marathon task to raise £20,000 for charities
- Queuing traffic on A590 in Ulverston
- Ulverston school to open as usual today after gas leak fixed
- South Cumbria Master Chef semi-finalist proves he is a serious contender
- First snow of the year falls in South Cumbria
- Ulverston mansion developer’s plans hit the buffers over homes scheme (13 comments)
- Unforgettable day as South Cumbria Guides mark 40th birthday milestone
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (44 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service