Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Cumbria apprentices show off skills
- Ulverston teacher’s ‘sorry’ to court for drink-driving
- Former Cumbria cricketer aims to lose 25kgs in 25 weeks for hospice
- Thirty per cent wage cuts ‘will force workers to quit’ Cumbria Council warned
- Ulverston traffic rules tightened
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (9 comments)
- Phantom of the Bay found in Ulverston as Marton family wins £1,500
- Improved rail links are ‘vital’ to growth of Ulverston
- Cumbria's top judge calls for mephedrone to be reclassified
- Opposition tears into cost of running council newsletter
- Can you get a good picture of Ulverston canal’s camera-shy otters?
- Homes plan for former Ulverston Territorial Army base
- GSK bosses vow to stand by pledges on Ulverston sports club
- Ulverston woman caught making false claims for benefits (5 comments)
- Ulverston roadworks cause delay
- Chainsaw stolen near Ulverston
- Glaxo unveils masterplan for £350m Ulverston development
- Police hunt Ulverston flasher
- Ulverston mansion homes plans ‘not good enough’ fears
- ‘Share your local knowledge’ for South Lakes homes schemes (1 comment)
- Bogus claims to revive former Ulverston nightclub exposed
- Dinner to raise cash for Ulverston family
- Ulverston business to close after three decades (5 comments)
- Ulverston student behind the scenes at London Fashion Week
- Ulverston faces having no CCTV coverage (1 comment)