Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Musical Farewell to Lindal teenager Bethany Crook
- Cumbria glass firm manufactures props for Downton Abbey
- Cumbria bikers in 130-mile trip in aid of family fighting serious illnesses
- Ulverston WalkFest takes steps to widen its appeal
- Hearing into plans for thousands of South Lakes homes to resume next month (4 comments)
- Ulverston post office open today despite strike threat
- Group of Ulverston young adults reveal their dream of an urban oasis
- Lanterns brighten Ulverston sky in memory of ‘a wonderful girl’
- Donation will help Cumbria group continue its good work
- Doughnut seller Neil angered by ‘unfair’ Ulverston market trading rules (4 comments)
- Cumbria County Council election
- South Lakes 'best place to live' thanks to falling crime rate
- Staff ‘lucky’ to flee from blaze at Ulverston takeaway
- Buckingham Palace invitation for Ulverston girl Milly Pyne, 14 (5 comments)
- Buckingham Palace invitation for Ulverston girl Milly Pyne, 14
- Swarthmoor pothole cluster in street is fixed
- Cut in Ulverston police station opening hours ‘is prelude’ to station axe
- Tortured RAF pilot tells his story at Ulverston business event
- Road reopens after Ulverston pizzeria goes up in flames (1 comment)
- Lake District Farmers fund offers cash boost for Ben, 6
- South Lakes councillor blasted over ‘grotty Ulverston’ comments (12 comments)
- Barrow and Furness MP struck by kindness of Ulverston foodbank helpers
- Ulverston man airlifted to hospital after suffering heart attack
- Ulverston lantern event leading light receives an MBE