Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Pledge to spend £7m on upgrading Sandside school in Ulverston
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Councillor criticises 'moronic' rules of Ulverston street market (15 comments)
- Ulverston dad takes on marathon task to raise £20,000 for charities
- Queuing traffic on A590 in Ulverston
- Ulverston school to open as usual today after gas leak fixed
- South Cumbria Master Chef semi-finalist proves he is a serious contender
- First snow of the year falls in South Cumbria
- Ulverston mansion developer’s plans hit the buffers over homes scheme (13 comments)
- Unforgettable day as South Cumbria Guides mark 40th birthday milestone
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (44 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (7 comments)
- Ulverston families have to make 20-mile trip to registrar (5 comments)
- Woman pushed down stairs in Ulverston Train Station attack (1 comment)
- Ulverston 'flying rodents' outcry (7 comments)
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Police investigate multiple vehicle crime in Ulverston
- Passengers injured in A590 Ulverston bus crash (1 comment)
- Community rallies round to save ‘vital’ Ulverston health centre bus (1 comment)
- Ulverston flood fears warning (1 comment)
- Barrow dad headbutted partner while she held their child
- Dangerous Ulverston criminal fails in jail term appeal
- Hospital trust including FGH Cumbria pays out £3m in four years over poor care