Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Famous Ulverston festivals and events at risk if park closes
- Another fine idea for funding
- MP backs petition to save Ulverston park (3 comments)
- Barrow impresario bailed after arrest for alleged child sex offence
- WITH VIDEO: Planning blow could see Ulverston park shut within months (16 comments)
- Ulverston council’s paintings fetch almost £35k at auction
- Toilets could become Ulverston council HQ (1 comment)
- Revised Ulverston store application slammed as ‘outrageous’ by councillors at meeting (39 comments)
- Working in Ulverston to make a difference to health
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Ulverston mum reunited with necklace that was lost in New York
- Ulverston mobile phone driver fined (2 comments)
- South Cumbria waitress who was over the limit banned
- Ulverston homes plan ‘on hold’ amid A590 safety fears (7 comments)
- South Cumbria coach wants schools and firms to take on marathon challenge (1 comment)
- Burglars facing justice thanks to police’s ‘exceptional’ work in Cumbria
- Man assaulted on way home in Ulverston
- New use proposed for landmark Ulverston building
- Ulverston photographer is the focus of attention (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)