Ulverston bar granted licence despite objections
Last updated at 16:26, Friday, 07 December 2012
THE future of Ulverston's newest bar has been secured after a premises licence was granted today — despite a number of objections.
Andy Steele's application to open his first licensed establishment at Bar 6, in Daltongate, was approved by South Lakeland District Council's licensing sub-committee at the Coronation Hall this afternoon.
Neighbours had complained over the lack of space for people to smoke and feared the impact it would have on nearby properties.
Committee chairman councillor James Airey said members had concerns for neighbours and urged Mr Steele to actively manage any issues that may arise.
Mr Steele said he understood the complaints but that he was relieved by the decision.
- For the full story, see Monday's Evening Mail.
First published at 16:24, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Dont know you mate but glad u got tge go ahead . And glad to see people trying ;-)
Well done to you .
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Legal hearing over Ulverston supermarket - first day comes to a close (14 comments)
- Exciting era dawns for prospering Ulverston (5 comments)
- Work starts to prepare young people for jobs at growing South Cumbria firms
- Ulverston homes need to be built to accommodate new employees (3 comments)
- New Ulverston factory set to make ‘significant contribution’
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court (7 comments)
- Council makes decision on plans to build £350m facility in Ulverston (3 comments)
- Green-fingered volunteers needed to make sure Ulverston continues to bloom
- Mysterious Ulverston street artist inspires colourful debate (9 comments)
- Festival fun lights up Ulverston
- Bail extension for Ulverston driver arrested after death crash
- Baycliff couple fear vehicles will ruin their home (2 comments)
- Thousands enjoy Ulverston Lantern Festival (2 comments)
- First look at housing plan for Ulverston landmark
- Medal with Ulverston connection could go for £30k
- Final preparations being made for tonight’s Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Mystery of the ship lost more than 160 years ago is solved
- Duchess of Gloucester visits Ulverston
- Road closure warning ahead of Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Crown court date set for Ulverston man accused of stabbing his girlfriend
- Support for elderly could ‘cease’ if Ulverston shop is closed
- Ale lovers in for a real treat at Ulverston Beer Festival
- Holiday prize draw raises cash for Ulverston couple
- Vote brings levy plan for South Lakes stores step closer (1 comment)
- Ulverston school gets all clear for £3m development (3 comments)