Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Dancers wow the crowds at Ulverston fundraiser
- New Ulverston emergency services centre planned (6 comments)
- Barrow and Furness MP John Woodcock to hold advice surgery in Ulverston
- Community heroes honoured at Heart of Ulverston awards (4 comments)
- Firefighters called after woman gets stuck in Ulverston pool
- Ulverston community is always on the go
- Treasures to be found among the waste
- Youngsters share views on Ulverston’s special features
- All ages stepping up to drive Ulverston hospice campaign to target
- Ulverston photographer has answered the call of the wild
- Ulverston Victoria High School development is vitally important
- Eye in the sky is latest gem in a long line of innovation
- Embassies around the world have Ulverston firm’s wares
- Support essential to a stylish celebration
- Playwright Zosia is putting Ulverston on the literary map
- Shop around the clock and boost Ulverston hospice’s vital work
- Public can help decide future of historic Ulverston cottage (5 comments)
- Ulverston store developer tells of ‘frustrating time’ (50 comments)
- Cumbria police concerned for missing man, 70
- Backing for Ulverston supermarket was flawed, hearing told (50 comments)
- Exciting era dawns for prospering Ulverston (6 comments)
- Work starts to prepare young people for jobs at growing South Cumbria firms
- Ulverston homes need to be built to accommodate new employees (3 comments)
- New Ulverston factory set to make ‘significant contribution’
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court (7 comments)