Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Musical Farewell to Lindal teenager Bethany Crook
- Cumbria glass firm manufactures props for Downton Abbey
- Cumbria bikers in 130-mile trip in aid of family fighting serious illnesses
- Ulverston WalkFest takes steps to widen its appeal
- Hearing into plans for thousands of South Lakes homes to resume next month (3 comments)
- Ulverston post office open today despite strike threat
- Group of Ulverston young adults reveal their dream of an urban oasis
- Lanterns brighten Ulverston sky in memory of ‘a wonderful girl’
- Donation will help Cumbria group continue its good work
- Doughnut seller Neil angered by ‘unfair’ Ulverston market trading rules (4 comments)
- Cumbria County Council election
- South Lakes 'best place to live' thanks to falling crime rate
- Staff ‘lucky’ to flee from blaze at Ulverston takeaway
- Buckingham Palace invitation for Ulverston girl Milly Pyne, 14 (5 comments)
- Buckingham Palace invitation for Ulverston girl Milly Pyne, 14
- Swarthmoor pothole cluster in street is fixed
- Cut in Ulverston police station opening hours ‘is prelude’ to station axe
- Tortured RAF pilot tells his story at Ulverston business event
- Road reopens after Ulverston pizzeria goes up in flames (1 comment)
- Lake District Farmers fund offers cash boost for Ben, 6
- South Lakes councillor blasted over ‘grotty Ulverston’ comments (12 comments)
- Barrow and Furness MP struck by kindness of Ulverston foodbank helpers
- Ulverston man airlifted to hospital after suffering heart attack
- Ulverston lantern event leading light receives an MBE