Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Teen on drug cash charge stopped in Ulverston
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Ulverston Town Council back Ford Park housing plans (12 comments)
- Ulverston marathon plan unveiled
- Christmas night out in Ulverston turns to violence
- Mel’s bringing lost art of cut-throat razor shaving to Ulverston
- Work to start today on £350 million Ulverston factory
- Residents hit out at Cumbria village turbine plan (5 comments)
- Work to start next week on first phase of Ulverston drugs giant’s £350m development (4 comments)
- Get your Christmas tree collected to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Vindictive Ulverston bully avoids jail for harassing couple
- Pledge to spend £7m on upgrading Sandside school in Ulverston
- Top exec offers inspiring tips to Ulverston school’s brightest
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Councillor criticises 'moronic' rules of Ulverston street market (17 comments)
- Ulverston dad takes on marathon task to raise £20,000 for charities
- Queuing traffic on A590 in Ulverston
- Ulverston school to open as usual today after gas leak fixed
- South Cumbria Master Chef semi-finalist proves he is a serious contender
- First snow of the year falls in South Cumbria
- Ulverston mansion developer’s plans hit the buffers over homes scheme (13 comments)
- Unforgettable day as South Cumbria Guides mark 40th birthday milestone
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (44 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service