Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Failed Ulverston landlord who stole from pub could be jailed
- Engineers repairing burst watermains near Ulverston
- Ulverston teenager in finals of national music competition
- Man facing allegations of child abuse images and animal porn possession in Cumbria court
- Pensioner facing more than 30 allegations of sex offences in court in Cumbria
- Ulverston and District Equine Club's first show of 2014
- Lots of egg-citement as families enjoy traditional Ulverston pastime
- Ulverston grandfather’s funeral puts school places in jeopardy
- Colourful tribute to honour amazing Cumbria man
- Ulverston businessman auctioning off shoes to raise money for South Africa concert
- Tickets for Paul Merton in Ulverston
- Film-making pair will capture 8,500-mile Ulverston to China challenge
- Ulverston death sparks fears of drug menace’s return
- Ulverston man denies camera theft and order breach
- Delays caused by train breakdown between Barrow and Ulverston
- Concerns over ‘derelict’ state of Ulverston brewery site (9 comments)
- Crime in Ulverston falls for second year in row
- Vandals cost Dalton businessman £10k in repairs (1 comment)
- Competitors show a touch of brass - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Standards of playing impress judges - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Entrants in fine voice - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Recorder players hit right notes - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Siblings shine at grand finale - South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Security costs £5k at disused Ulverston facility
- Tackling dog fouling is top of agenda for Ulverston campaigners (1 comment)