Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston teacher’s ‘sorry’ to court for drink-driving
- Former Cumbria cricketer aims to lose 25kgs in 25 weeks for hospice
- Thirty per cent wage cuts ‘will force workers to quit’ Cumbria Council warned
- Ulverston traffic rules tightened
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (5 comments)
- Phantom of the Bay found in Ulverston as Marton family wins £1,500
- Improved rail links are ‘vital’ to growth of Ulverston
- Cumbria's top judge calls for mephedrone to be reclassified
- Opposition tears into cost of running council newsletter
- Can you get a good picture of Ulverston canal’s camera-shy otters?
- Homes plan for former Ulverston Territorial Army base
- GSK bosses vow to stand by pledges on Ulverston sports club
- Ulverston woman caught making false claims for benefits (5 comments)
- Ulverston roadworks cause delay
- Chainsaw stolen near Ulverston
- Glaxo unveils masterplan for £350m Ulverston development
- Police hunt Ulverston flasher
- Ulverston mansion homes plans ‘not good enough’ fears
- ‘Share your local knowledge’ for South Lakes homes schemes (1 comment)
- Bogus claims to revive former Ulverston nightclub exposed
- Dinner to raise cash for Ulverston family
- Ulverston business to close after three decades (5 comments)
- Ulverston student behind the scenes at London Fashion Week
- Ulverston faces having no CCTV coverage (1 comment)
- GlaxoSmithKline staff at Ulverston clock up two million injury-free hours and counting