Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (10 comments)
- Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after A590 crash in South Cumbria
- Ulverston charity boss hits out at plan to sell offices
- Ulverston venue in Queen's birthday snub (5 comments)
- Ulverston toilet debate continues (2 comments)
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Thrilling day for air cadets as they receive freedom of Ulverston (3 comments)
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Ulverston council toilet block vote is branded ‘unforgivable’ (6 comments)
- Ulverston father’s suicide after indecent images investigation
- Ulverston assault charge trial
- Travellers face legal action if they don’t leave Ulverston common (19 comments)
- South Cumbria Villagers’ love for pies helps charity
- Ulverston motorist faces death charge case
- Ulverston Canal gets a clear-up by apprentices
- Organisers need help to create another Fine Fest in Ulverston (5 comments)
- Barrow store staff take to the shore to rid coastline of litter
- Anger as vandals strike at Ulverston egg trail
- Ulverston egg-rolling
- Cumbria morris dancers perform traditional Easter Pasche Egging play
- Record numbers in Ulverston endurance contest
- Ulverston archaeology firm set to achieve milestone
- Ulverston supermarket developer will be held to account on plan (8 comments)
- Award sums up Ulverston pupil’s success at maths
- Dog walkers saved by Ulverston rescue team