Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Victoria High School Ofsted report revealed
- Ulverston high street store to close permanently
- Memories burn bright at inspiring Ulverston service
- Cumbria police investigating theft of £1,000 worth of power tools over the weekend
- Fresh blood vital to iconic Ulverston venue’s future
- Controversial Cumbria turbine to be built after appeal by firm
- Rats force Ulverston family to sleep in living room
- Kind Ulverston girl Madeline cares for mum
- Fire crews sound the alarm on service cuts at Ulverston meeting
- Appeal for public to protect Ulverston hall’s future
- Landrover stolen from house in Cumbria
- Car stolen from South Cumbria village
- Replacement for Stuart Hyde former Cumbria deputy chief constable announced
- Cumbria farmer awarded for working with youngsters
- Ulverston volunteer among best in the UK
- Parking charges frozen across Ulverston and South Lakes (2 comments)
- £3,000 charity giveaway across Ulverston, Barrow and Millom continues
- Townsfolk get into character for Ulverston festival (2 comments)
- Ofsted inspects South Cumbria secondary school
- Traffic disruption continues on the A590 near Ulverston (1 comment)
- Burglary closes Ulverston supermarket
- Police issue traffic advice ahead of today's Ulverston Dickensian festival
- Ulverston set for biggest lights switch-on yet
- Ulverston could get new budget supermarket (3 comments)
- Ulverston set to get super-fast broadband today (1 comment)