Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief