Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Famous Ulverston festivals and events at risk if park closes
- Another fine idea for funding
- MP backs petition to save Ulverston park (3 comments)
- Barrow impresario bailed after arrest for alleged child sex offence
- WITH VIDEO: Planning blow could see Ulverston park shut within months (16 comments)
- Ulverston council’s paintings fetch almost £35k at auction
- Toilets could become Ulverston council HQ (1 comment)
- Revised Ulverston store application slammed as ‘outrageous’ by councillors at meeting (39 comments)
- Working in Ulverston to make a difference to health
- South Cumbria florist designs display for royal ceremony
- Ulverston mum reunited with necklace that was lost in New York
- Ulverston mobile phone driver fined (2 comments)
- South Cumbria waitress who was over the limit banned
- Ulverston homes plan ‘on hold’ amid A590 safety fears (7 comments)
- South Cumbria coach wants schools and firms to take on marathon challenge (1 comment)
- Burglars facing justice thanks to police’s ‘exceptional’ work in Cumbria
- Man assaulted on way home in Ulverston
- New use proposed for landmark Ulverston building
- Ulverston photographer is the focus of attention (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)