Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Oil spill closes road near Ulverston
- Cumbria police investigating historic sex offences in schools
- Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
- New consultation to launch into new homes near Ulverston
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (11 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Ulverston campaigners reach fighting fund £5k target (17 comments)
- Golfers club together in support of Ulverston hospice
- Search for missing blind dog in Cumbria (3 comments)
- Ulverston Victoria High School students ‘have a brilliant time’
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Love of Ulverston at heart of councillor’s hard work
- Barrow detective in court on rape charge
- Furness Tradition Festival in Ulverston
- Unemployment in Cumbria down by 27 per cent (1 comment)
- Ulverston primary school musicians' song featured on BBC radio
- Ulverston school to premier pupils film
- Gardeners’ efforts recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
- Passion for reading that Ulverston man Ernie loves to pass on
- Star Wars and Harry Potter hero calls for public to back Ulverston hospice cause (2 comments)
- Ulverston Carnival-goers left fuming at rail delays (1 comment)
- Campaigner inspired by tragedy up for Heart of Ulverston award
- Ulverston man who lost wife and daughter starts hospital equipment drive (1 comment)
- Margaret’s dedication to patients recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
- Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital