Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Ulverston families have to make 20-mile trip to registrar (5 comments)
- Woman pushed down stairs in Ulverston Train Station attack (1 comment)
- Ulverston 'flying rodents' outcry (6 comments)
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Police investigate multiple vehicle crime in Ulverston
- Passengers injured in A590 Ulverston bus crash (1 comment)
- Community rallies round to save ‘vital’ Ulverston health centre bus (1 comment)
- Ulverston flood fears warning (1 comment)
- Barrow dad headbutted partner while she held their child
- Dangerous Ulverston criminal fails in jail term appeal
- Hospital trust including FGH Cumbria pays out £3m in four years over poor care
- Community heroes honoured at Heart of Ulverston awards (4 comments)
- Jobs hope as Cumbria lighting firm bags luxury jets contract
- Dancers wow the crowds at Ulverston fundraiser
- New Ulverston emergency services centre planned (8 comments)
- Barrow and Furness MP John Woodcock to hold advice surgery in Ulverston
- Firefighters called after woman gets stuck in Ulverston pool
- Ulverston community is always on the go
- Treasures to be found among the waste
- Youngsters share views on Ulverston’s special features
- All ages stepping up to drive Ulverston hospice campaign to target
- Ulverston photographer has answered the call of the wild