Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Vote brings levy plan for South Lakes stores step closer (1 comment)
- Ulverston school gets all clear for £3m development (2 comments)
- Elderly ‘devastated’ as threat to Ulverston centre looms (1 comment)
- Ulverston set for royal visit
- Ulverston dog show sets tails wagging to help raise money for club
- Volunteers crucial to success of Ulverston hospice charity shops
- Ulverston student earns university place just months after major brain operation
- Ulverston care home ear biting incident still under consideration
- Ulverston woman amended her insurance documents using ballpoint pen
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (3 comments)
- Business owners in cycling challenge for charity in memory of Ulverston mum and daughter
- Ulverston climber survives 30ft fall (1 comment)
- Cumbria sex offender pensioner due in court today charged with loitering near children's play area
- Feeding a family well can be done on a keen budget says Ulverston chef
- South Cumbria students received their A-Level results
- Drugs firm's Ulverston site manager on fact-finding mission to USA
- South Cumbria Cyclist, 7, achieves £1k fundraising aim
- ‘You could run things better than us’ leader tells Ulverston residents (1 comment)
- Ulverston ear bite man unlikely to face charges
- Police preparing file on Ulverston ear bite attack
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Runner nominated for Heart of Ulverston award for tireless charity fundraising
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Ulverston lasagne-throwing attacker sent to prison
- Barrow friends’ instant cancer test invention amazes scientists (12 comments)