Tailbacks cleared after delays on the A590 in Cumbria
Last updated at 16:46, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
TAILBACKS on the A590 in South Cumbria have now been cleared.
Cumbria police reported the tailbacks on the on A590 Eastbound between the A5092 Greenodd junction and B5278 to Haverthwaite.
The heavy traffic and delays were first reported to the police just before noon and were cleared at around 4.30pm.
Motorists told the Evening Mail that the tailbacks had stretched from Haverthwaite to Arrad Foot and believed they were caused by work being carried out on the road.
First published at 14:00, Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yes, roadworks were the cause for the 40 minute delay (not 20 mins as the traffic websites stated) Also, it would have been helpful to add 'Roadworks' to their little maps so that drivers were aware.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Legal hearing over Ulverston supermarket now open (4 comments)
- Exciting era dawns for prospering Ulverston (4 comments)
- Work starts to prepare young people for jobs at growing South Cumbria firms
- Ulverston homes need to be built to accommodate new employees (1 comment)
- New Ulverston factory set to make ‘significant contribution’
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court (7 comments)
- Council makes decision on plans to build £350m facility in Ulverston (3 comments)
- Green-fingered volunteers needed to make sure Ulverston continues to bloom
- Mysterious Ulverston street artist inspires colourful debate (9 comments)
- Festival fun lights up Ulverston
- Bail extension for Ulverston driver arrested after death crash
- Baycliff couple fear vehicles will ruin their home (2 comments)
- Thousands enjoy Ulverston Lantern Festival (2 comments)
- First look at housing plan for Ulverston landmark
- Medal with Ulverston connection could go for £30k
- Final preparations being made for tonight’s Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Mystery of the ship lost more than 160 years ago is solved
- Duchess of Gloucester visits Ulverston
- Road closure warning ahead of Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Crown court date set for Ulverston man accused of stabbing his girlfriend
- Support for elderly could ‘cease’ if Ulverston shop is closed
- Ale lovers in for a real treat at Ulverston Beer Festival
- Holiday prize draw raises cash for Ulverston couple
- Vote brings levy plan for South Lakes stores step closer (1 comment)
- Ulverston school gets all clear for £3m development (3 comments)