CARNIVAL fever swept across Ulverston on Saturday.
THOUSANDS of people descended on Ulverston to witness the unveiling of the Laurel and Hardy statue.
TALENTED Ulverston school pupils wowed audiences with their production of Carousel. Around 60 students at Ulverston Victoria High School appeared in the musical.
GREAT title. Ivor Novello might have considered the cello, to save a lady’s blushes, but that’s Coward for you... witty, glamorous and urbane. I can hear that famous faraway voice now: “Suits you, madam!”
CHILDREN at an Ulverston school put their imaginations to the test to raise money for a worthy cause.
ONCE upon a time, in an ancient market town, there dwelt a company of players led by a talented director and supported by some of the kingdom’s leading actors.
Emergency services were called out to The Ulverston Canal last night after a swan was seen struggling on the ice.
ULVERSTON’S famous Dickensian Christmas Festival celebrated its 10th anniversary in spectacular style as the town welcomed huge crowds to its cobbled streets.
THOUSANDS of people lined the streets of Ulverston on Saturday to take part in one of the most spectacular Lantern Processions in the event’s 26-year history.
More than 70 people made their way to the town’s Ford Park to watch models stroll on to the lawn wearing a range of environmentally-friendly clothing.
A CASE of typical English weather did not deter hundreds of revellers from attending Ulverston Carnival.
ANTIQUES king David Dickinson pulled in the crowds when his popular television series came to Ulverston.
Evening Mail homepage
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Family Notices
- Competition rules
- Advertise with us
- Reader Travel
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Bus driver fears as 11 contracts are lost (7 comments)
- No title
- Donor was inspired by brave Ulverston teen Alice Pyne (3 comments)
- Sad end of an era at town’s brewery site
- Brett McDermott’s statement to the RFL
- No title
- Cotton mills now an endangered species
- Duddon and High Furness to merge with Barrow and Millom Districts
- FACEHOOKED (2 comments)
- Bluebirds left in a Hayes (1 comment)
- Ulverston residents voice their anger over home plan
- Ulverston high street store to close permanently (2 comments)
- Tidal surge warning for Barrow coast as high tide approaches - homes without power
- 'Developers' charter' for thousands of South Lakeland homes approved
- Ulverston fly-tipper prosecuted (2 comments)
- Ulverston Costa coffee planning decision delayed (37 comments)
- TRIBUTES PAID TO DAD, 31
- Peel House, Broughton
- Dalton Miss South Lakes contest finalist in bug-eating test
- Cumbria set to be hit by winter blast (33 comments)