CARNIVAL fever swept across Ulverston on Saturday.
THOUSANDS of people descended on Ulverston to witness the unveiling of the Laurel and Hardy statue.
TALENTED Ulverston school pupils wowed audiences with their production of Carousel. Around 60 students at Ulverston Victoria High School appeared in the musical.
GREAT title. Ivor Novello might have considered the cello, to save a lady’s blushes, but that’s Coward for you... witty, glamorous and urbane. I can hear that famous faraway voice now: “Suits you, madam!”
CHILDREN at an Ulverston school put their imaginations to the test to raise money for a worthy cause.
ONCE upon a time, in an ancient market town, there dwelt a company of players led by a talented director and supported by some of the kingdom’s leading actors.
Emergency services were called out to The Ulverston Canal last night after a swan was seen struggling on the ice.
ULVERSTON’S famous Dickensian Christmas Festival celebrated its 10th anniversary in spectacular style as the town welcomed huge crowds to its cobbled streets.
THOUSANDS of people lined the streets of Ulverston on Saturday to take part in one of the most spectacular Lantern Processions in the event’s 26-year history.
More than 70 people made their way to the town’s Ford Park to watch models stroll on to the lawn wearing a range of environmentally-friendly clothing.
A CASE of typical English weather did not deter hundreds of revellers from attending Ulverston Carnival.
ANTIQUES king David Dickinson pulled in the crowds when his popular television series came to Ulverston.
Evening Mail homepage
- House fire
- ULVERSTON WALKFEST 2013
- Ulverston Jazz Appreciation Society
- Bronze Age find may rewrite history
- Ulverston reporter trys life on a market stall
- Katherine has a pressing engagement
- Delight as Ulverston children’s play castle rises from the ashes
- End approached for Ulverston school near Glaxo site
- Mere show plenty of forward drive to win
- Exciting era dawns for prospering Ulverston (5 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court (7 comments)
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Mysterious Ulverston street artist inspires colourful debate (9 comments)
- Ulverston homes need to be built to accommodate new employees (3 comments)
- Proud day for ex-soldier who led protest
- Council makes decision on plans to build £350m facility in Ulverston (3 comments)
- Bail extension for Ulverston driver arrested after death crash
- Dig out your pictures
- New Ulverston factory set to make ‘significant contribution’
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5