Sister set to scatter ashes on mountain
Published at 16:41, Thursday, 31 January 2013
THE family of Alice Pyne have revealed their plans to scatter the Ulverston teen’s ashes.
Alice’s parents, Vicky and Simon Pyne, and her sister, Milly, appeared on This Morning yesterday and told presenters Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield Milly plans to spread some of Alice’s ashes at the top of Kilimanjaro.
Milly plans to climb the second highest mountain as a tribute to her inspirational sister, who died aged 17 earlier this month following a five-year battle with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Milly said: “Alice wanted to do it, but never could so I am doing it for her in a way.”
Milly explained the mountain is a fitting place for spreading the ashes as it is “on top of the world.”
For more information about Alice’s Escapes visit www.alices-escapes.co.uk.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
Evening Mail homepage
- Doris snips and curls for her half century
- Barrow gym owner lays down challenge to anyone to lift 100kg weight (6 comments)
- Murder probe latest
- Treasures to be found among the waste
- Barrow Island name ex-Barrow RL man as new coach
- Gang attacked footballer
- Barrow dad gets curfew for assault
- Ken Dodd unveils Laurel and Hardy statue in Ulverston
- Made by the only clockmaker in town
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd