Sell-out show looked back on 75 years
Published at 13:06, Thursday, 30 June 2011
BILL Springthorpe, from the Ulverston Outsiders, got in touch after the Memories Page (June 23) feature on the theatre groups’s 75th anniversary.
The event was marked with a special revue featuring extracts from many of the shows held through the decades.
Mr Springthrope writes: “It was impossible to include every production over the 75 years of our existence, but the revue night was a great success.
“It was a sell-out and it was great to have some former members there to reminisce with.
“Also, there were many people in the audience who are regular supporters of our productions.
“Their applause and words of appreciation at the end of the night were music to our ears.
“The audience always lets you know how you are performing and it's good when they approach you after it’s all over to say how much they have enjoyed the production.
“We are looking forward to presenting Pass The Butler in November, choosing a production for spring 2012 and Calendar Girls in November 2012.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Pledge to spend £7m on upgrading Sandside school in Ulverston
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Councillor criticises 'moronic' rules of Ulverston street market (14 comments)
- Ulverston dad takes on marathon task to raise £20,000 for charities
- Queuing traffic on A590 in Ulverston
- Ulverston school to open as usual today after gas leak fixed
- South Cumbria Master Chef semi-finalist proves he is a serious contender
- First snow of the year falls in South Cumbria
- Ulverston mansion developer’s plans hit the buffers over homes scheme (13 comments)
- Unforgettable day as South Cumbria Guides mark 40th birthday milestone
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (44 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (7 comments)
- Ulverston families have to make 20-mile trip to registrar (5 comments)
- Woman pushed down stairs in Ulverston Train Station attack (1 comment)
- Ulverston 'flying rodents' outcry (7 comments)
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Police investigate multiple vehicle crime in Ulverston
- Passengers injured in A590 Ulverston bus crash (1 comment)
- Community rallies round to save ‘vital’ Ulverston health centre bus (1 comment)
- Ulverston flood fears warning (1 comment)
- Barrow dad headbutted partner while she held their child
- Dangerous Ulverston criminal fails in jail term appeal
- Hospital trust including FGH Cumbria pays out £3m in four years over poor care