Sell-out show looked back on 75 years
Published at 13:06, Thursday, 30 June 2011
BILL Springthorpe, from the Ulverston Outsiders, got in touch after the Memories Page (June 23) feature on the theatre groups’s 75th anniversary.
The event was marked with a special revue featuring extracts from many of the shows held through the decades.
Mr Springthrope writes: “It was impossible to include every production over the 75 years of our existence, but the revue night was a great success.
“It was a sell-out and it was great to have some former members there to reminisce with.
“Also, there were many people in the audience who are regular supporters of our productions.
“Their applause and words of appreciation at the end of the night were music to our ears.
“The audience always lets you know how you are performing and it's good when they approach you after it’s all over to say how much they have enjoyed the production.
“We are looking forward to presenting Pass The Butler in November, choosing a production for spring 2012 and Calendar Girls in November 2012.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Community heroes honoured at Heart of Ulverston awards (4 comments)
- Firefighters called after woman gets stuck in Ulverston pool
- Ulverston community is always on the go
- Treasures to be found among the waste
- Youngsters share views on Ulverston’s special features
- All ages stepping up to drive Ulverston hospice campaign to target
- Ulverston photographer has answered the call of the wild
- Ulverston Victoria High School development is vitally important
- Eye in the sky is latest gem in a long line of innovation
- Embassies around the world have Ulverston firm’s wares
- Support essential to a stylish celebration
- Playwright Zosia is putting Ulverston on the literary map
- Shop around the clock and boost Ulverston hospice’s vital work
- Public can help decide future of historic Ulverston cottage (5 comments)
- Ulverston store developer tells of ‘frustrating time’ (50 comments)
- Cumbria police concerned for missing man, 70
- Backing for Ulverston supermarket was flawed, hearing told (50 comments)
- Exciting era dawns for prospering Ulverston (6 comments)
- Work starts to prepare young people for jobs at growing South Cumbria firms
- Ulverston homes need to be built to accommodate new employees (3 comments)
- New Ulverston factory set to make ‘significant contribution’
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court (7 comments)
- Council makes decision on plans to build £350m facility in Ulverston (3 comments)
- Green-fingered volunteers needed to make sure Ulverston continues to bloom
- Mysterious Ulverston street artist inspires colourful debate (11 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5