Search for missing Ulverston man
Published at 15:21, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
POLICE have today continued their efforts to find a man who went missing in Ulverston a month ago.
Mark Westall, 44, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston was last seen at 9.30pm on Monday January 23 on North Lonsdale Road in Ulverston.
Today, the North West Diving Team from Lancaster were in the Ulverston area, searching a stretch of water to the north of the railway line in an effort to try and trace anything which may lead to Mark's whereabouts.
Sergeant Chris O'Hare said: "We are utilising any opportunity and search method to try and find any trace of Mark's whereabouts. Our aim is to reunite him with his family and would urge Mark to get in contact to let us all know that he is ok.
“We have been advising members of the public and the local community that Mark's appearance may have changed and that he may have lost weight and could have grown a beard by now. However, one distinctive thing about Mark that will not change is his colourful tattoo on his left arm of a yellow and black spaceship. We continue to appeal to the community to be vigilant, keep Mark in mind and if you believe you’ve seen him anywhere, please contact us on 101 immediately.
“We remain in close contact with Mark’s family and are supporting them as best we can. Mark, if you are reading or listening to this, please contact your family to let them know you are safe. You are not in any trouble – your family are extremely worried about you and want to know that you are safe.”
Mark is described as white, 5' 6'' tall, and when he was last seen he was of a stocky build with dark brown, collar length wavy hair. He was last seen wearing an orange jacket and blue trousers, with a light coloured sweatshirt worn under his jacket.
If you think you have seen Mark or have any information about his whereabouts, please contact Ulverston police on 101 immediately.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Ulverston council toilet block vote is branded ‘unforgivable’ (3 comments)
- Ulverston father’s suicide after indecent images investigation
- Ulverston assault charge trial
- Travellers face legal action if they don’t leave Ulverston common (19 comments)
- South Cumbria Villagers’ love for pies helps charity
- Ulverston motorist faces death charge case
- Ulverston Canal gets a clear-up by apprentices
- Organisers need help to create another Fine Fest in Ulverston (5 comments)
- Barrow store staff take to the shore to rid coastline of litter
- Anger as vandals strike at Ulverston egg trail
- Ulverston egg-rolling
- Cumbria morris dancers perform traditional Easter Pasche Egging play
- Record numbers in Ulverston endurance contest
- Ulverston archaeology firm set to achieve milestone
- Ulverston supermarket developer will be held to account on plan (8 comments)
- Dog walkers saved by Ulverston rescue team
- Ulverston fun day unleashed for animal lovers
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Competitors in fine voice for final day of Ulverston contest
- Ulverston gala event fitting end to week of Cumbria music competition
Evening Mail homepage
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21