Search for missing Ulverston man
Published at 15:21, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
POLICE have today continued their efforts to find a man who went missing in Ulverston a month ago.
Mark Westall, 44, of North Lonsdale Road, Ulverston was last seen at 9.30pm on Monday January 23 on North Lonsdale Road in Ulverston.
Today, the North West Diving Team from Lancaster were in the Ulverston area, searching a stretch of water to the north of the railway line in an effort to try and trace anything which may lead to Mark's whereabouts.
Sergeant Chris O'Hare said: "We are utilising any opportunity and search method to try and find any trace of Mark's whereabouts. Our aim is to reunite him with his family and would urge Mark to get in contact to let us all know that he is ok.
“We have been advising members of the public and the local community that Mark's appearance may have changed and that he may have lost weight and could have grown a beard by now. However, one distinctive thing about Mark that will not change is his colourful tattoo on his left arm of a yellow and black spaceship. We continue to appeal to the community to be vigilant, keep Mark in mind and if you believe you’ve seen him anywhere, please contact us on 101 immediately.
“We remain in close contact with Mark’s family and are supporting them as best we can. Mark, if you are reading or listening to this, please contact your family to let them know you are safe. You are not in any trouble – your family are extremely worried about you and want to know that you are safe.”
Mark is described as white, 5' 6'' tall, and when he was last seen he was of a stocky build with dark brown, collar length wavy hair. He was last seen wearing an orange jacket and blue trousers, with a light coloured sweatshirt worn under his jacket.
If you think you have seen Mark or have any information about his whereabouts, please contact Ulverston police on 101 immediately.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22