POLICE DRUGS SWOOP
Last updated at 11:59, Tuesday, 13 May 2008
POLICE have seized 48 cannabis plants from a house in Ulverston.
By Sam Walker (pics)
Officers raided the mid-terrace house on Larch Grove at 7.30am yesterday. (23).
A spokesman for Ulverston police said: “We gained access to the premises without causing any damage.
l TURN TO PAGE TWO
“Adult cannabis plants tend to be two or three feet high but we also found a number of seedlings.“We have seized all the cultivation equipment, a ventilation system, hydroponics and the irrigation system.“There was very crude wiring which is a potential fire hazard.“This was a one off warrant but we are always looking at who is supplying drugs in Ulverston town.”Four police officers and one member of Ulverston Crime Scene Investigation (CSI) were involved in yesterday’s raid. Police say new head-cam equipment was used during the search of the house. The head cam equipment records both audio and visual elements of a raid and can be used in court as evidence.Inspector Richard Vernon, of Ulverston Police, said: “Operations like this are part of our intelligence led policing activity. “We will continue to act positively when we get any information about the supply of controlled drugs in Ulverston and the surrounding area.”* Paul Daniel Craven, 42, of Larch Grove, has been charged with cultivation of cannabis.Craven is due to appear at Furness Magistrates’ Court on May 8.
First published at 11:53, Thursday, 24 April 2008
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
- Food fans set to bring festival boost for Ulverston economy
- Kitten found in south Cumbria after being shot by rifle thug (2 comments)
- Ulverston students get to have voice (2 comments)
- Indie giant Panda eyes up a group of Pesky Ulverston kids as stars
- Ulverston carnival parade is set to be scrapped (9 comments)
- Ulverston pair charged with intent to supply drugs
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- It’s not just Aidan Turner that dazzled fans of Poldark drama...
- Ulverston man given jail sentence after smash-and-grab raid on shop
- Ulverston pupils put their talents to the test
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (9 comments)
- Ulverston man concealed drug in bag up bottom (5 comments)
- Emergency service hub for Ulverston wins council’s support
- Ulverston waterpark plans unveiled (11 comments)
- A590 Ulverston drivers warned of long delays
- A590 Ulverston traffic chaos to last until at least Friday
- Group slams plan for ‘folly of an office block’ at Ulverston toilets site (1 comment)
- Ex-circus performer to manage Ulverston cultural venue (1 comment)
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after A590 crash in South Cumbria
- Ulverston charity boss hits out at plan to sell offices (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22