MP demands GP surgery in Greenodd
Last updated at 16:10, Monday, 03 December 2012
CALLS are mounting for the return of a GP surgery to Greenodd.
South Lakes MP Tim Farron today joined with councillors Janet Willis and Sue Sanderson in calling for a GP practice to be put back in the town.
Mr Farronbhas written to the Clinical Commissioning Group asking them to conduct a feasibility study to see if the service is required.
Previously there was a doctors surgery in Backbarrow and Haverthwaite and a separate surgery in Greenodd. Now they have joined and there is only a single surgery at Backbarrow that holds ‘out-reach’ clinics in the Village Hall at Greenodd.
Mr Farron said: “I have written to the Clinical Commissioning Group today asking them to look at this and see if Greenodd can have it’s own GP’s surgery again. It is adding to pressure in Haverthwaite and to hold clinics in the Village Hall in Greenodd is not appropriate.
"I am pleased to be able to support the campaign of Janet and Sue. They are always standing up for their local communities so I am pleased to help them in any way I can.”
Cllr Willis added: “The current arrangements are not meeting the needs of the residents of our communities, particularly the elderly and those who are reliant on public transport.”
First published at 13:12, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Totally agree, the service has significantly diminished since the loss of the Greenodd surgery.
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
- Food fans set to bring festival boost for Ulverston economy
- Kitten found in south Cumbria after being shot by rifle thug (2 comments)
- Ulverston students get to have voice (2 comments)
- Indie giant Panda eyes up a group of Pesky Ulverston kids as stars
- Ulverston carnival parade is set to be scrapped (9 comments)
- Ulverston pair charged with intent to supply drugs
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- It’s not just Aidan Turner that dazzled fans of Poldark drama...
- Ulverston man given jail sentence after smash-and-grab raid on shop
- Ulverston pupils put their talents to the test
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (9 comments)
- Ulverston man concealed drug in bag up bottom (5 comments)
- Emergency service hub for Ulverston wins council’s support
- Ulverston waterpark plans unveiled (11 comments)
- A590 Ulverston drivers warned of long delays
- A590 Ulverston traffic chaos to last until at least Friday
- Group slams plan for ‘folly of an office block’ at Ulverston toilets site (1 comment)
- Ex-circus performer to manage Ulverston cultural venue (1 comment)
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after A590 crash in South Cumbria
- Ulverston charity boss hits out at plan to sell offices (1 comment)
- Ulverston venue in Queen's birthday snub (5 comments)