Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- New consultation to launch into new homes near Ulverston
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (10 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Ulverston campaigners reach fighting fund £5k target (17 comments)
- Mission aims to raise cash for new vehicles for Ulverston hospice
- Golfers club together in support of Ulverston hospice
- Search for missing blind dog in Cumbria (3 comments)
- Ulverston Victoria High School students ‘have a brilliant time’
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Love of Ulverston at heart of councillor’s hard work
- Barrow detective in court on rape charge
- Furness Tradition Festival in Ulverston
- Unemployment in Cumbria down by 27 per cent (1 comment)
- Ulverston primary school musicians' song featured on BBC radio
- Ulverston school to premier pupils film
- Gardeners’ efforts recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
- Passion for reading that Ulverston man Ernie loves to pass on
- Star Wars and Harry Potter hero calls for public to back Ulverston hospice cause (2 comments)
- Ulverston Carnival-goers left fuming at rail delays (1 comment)
- Campaigner inspired by tragedy up for Heart of Ulverston award
- Ulverston man who lost wife and daughter starts hospital equipment drive (1 comment)
- Margaret’s dedication to patients recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
- Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital
- Manslaughter charge in case of Ulverston roof death
- Glorious sunshine as thousands enjoy Ulverston Carnival (3 comments)