Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Icy conditions cause string of accidents in Ulverston and South Cumbria
- Tidal surge warning for Barrow coast as high tide approaches - homes without power
- 'Developers' charter' for thousands of South Lakeland homes approved
- Delays on A590 Cumbria due to temporary traffic lights
- Ulverston students perform Peter Pan
- Ulverston residents voice their anger over home plan
- Ulverston Victoria High School Ofsted report revealed
- Ulverston high street store to close permanently
- Memories burn bright at inspiring Ulverston service
- Cumbria police investigating theft of £1,000 worth of power tools over the weekend
- Fresh blood vital to iconic Ulverston venue’s future
- Controversial Cumbria turbine to be built after appeal by firm
- Rats force Ulverston family to sleep in living room
- Kind Ulverston girl Madeline cares for mum
- Fire crews sound the alarm on service cuts at Ulverston meeting
- Appeal for public to protect Ulverston hall’s future
- Landrover stolen from house in Cumbria
- Car stolen from South Cumbria village
- Replacement for Stuart Hyde former Cumbria deputy chief constable announced
- Cumbria farmer awarded for working with youngsters
- Ulverston volunteer among best in the UK
- Parking charges frozen across Ulverston and South Lakes (2 comments)
- £3,000 charity giveaway across Ulverston, Barrow and Millom continues
- Townsfolk get into character for Ulverston festival (2 comments)
- Ofsted inspects South Cumbria secondary school