Lindal Christmas lights switch-on
Last updated at 16:23, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
SANTA was the guest of honour at Lindal’s annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The festive event, which raises money for St Peter’s Church at The Green, took place last Thursday.
The lights were switched on by a local Santa Claus, who attended the ceremony on a decorated tractor.
He was helped in his festive task by St Peter’s Gala Queen Freya Gray, aged 11.
The switch-on featured a Christmas fair, held in the Buccleuch Hall.
The fair included a number of stalls run by churchgoers.
A variety of products were on offer at the fair, including bric-a-brac, baking, craft and jewellery.
Church warden at St Peter’s, Jennifer Pardoe, from Lindal, said: “Numbers were down on last year.
“However, we raised just over £700 for the church which is better than average.
“The children always enjoy this event.
“They were all very excited to meet Father Christmas.”
The lights were a variety of blue and purple and covered the area surrounding The Green, which is at the heart of the village.
Mrs Pardoe added: “This event really starts the Christmas countdown and is enjoyed by everyone in the village.”
First published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
- Food fans set to bring festival boost for Ulverston economy
- Kitten found in south Cumbria after being shot by rifle thug (2 comments)
- Ulverston students get to have voice (2 comments)
- Indie giant Panda eyes up a group of Pesky Ulverston kids as stars
- Ulverston carnival parade is set to be scrapped (9 comments)
- Ulverston pair charged with intent to supply drugs
- Barrow, South Lakes and Copeland voters share their views
- It’s not just Aidan Turner that dazzled fans of Poldark drama...
- Ulverston man given jail sentence after smash-and-grab raid on shop
- Ulverston pupils put their talents to the test
- Campaigners change strategy in battle for Ulverston town centre’s soul (9 comments)
- Ulverston man concealed drug in bag up bottom (5 comments)
- Emergency service hub for Ulverston wins council’s support
- Ulverston waterpark plans unveiled (11 comments)
- A590 Ulverston drivers warned of long delays
- A590 Ulverston traffic chaos to last until at least Friday
- Group slams plan for ‘folly of an office block’ at Ulverston toilets site (1 comment)
- Ex-circus performer to manage Ulverston cultural venue (1 comment)
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (17 comments)
- Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after A590 crash in South Cumbria
- Ulverston charity boss hits out at plan to sell offices (1 comment)
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22