ANYONE planning to get away over the bank holiday weekend might be dreading a long car journey and heavy traffic. But spare a thought for two film-makers who have agreed to drive from Ulverston to Beijing as part of a month-long charity challenge.
- Ulverston death sparks fears of drug menace’s return
- Ulverston man denies camera theft and order breach
- Delays caused by train breakdown between Barrow and Ulverston
- Concerns over ‘derelict’ state of Ulverston brewery site (9 comments)
- Crime in Ulverston falls for second year in row
- Vandals cost Dalton businessman £10k in repairs (1 comment)
- Competitors show a touch of brass - South Cumbria Musical Festival
POWER for light and heat has been produced around the county’s coastline for well over a 100 years but it is only in very recent times that moving it around has become a potential problem.
Are you passionate about Ulverston?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
A picture CD from the Evening Mail featuring 200 views of Ulverston based on old picture postcards from the Victorian era onwards.
Featured are carnival queens and parades, industry, shopping, town streets and schools. Price £6.99 + £1 uk postage
Ghyll Singers Ladies Choir