A FORMER cricketer is aiming to lose 25kgs in 25 weeks to raise £2,500 for St Mary’s Hospice in Ulverston's 25th anniversary.
• Click here to read Martin's first blog post
- Thirty per cent wage cuts ‘will force workers to quit’ Cumbria Council warned
- Ulverston traffic rules tightened
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (5 comments)
- Phantom of the Bay found in Ulverston as Marton family wins £1,500
- Improved rail links are ‘vital’ to growth of Ulverston
- Cumbria's top judge calls for mephedrone to be reclassified
- Opposition tears into cost of running council newsletter
POWER for light and heat has been produced around the county’s coastline for well over a 100 years but it is only in very recent times that moving it around has become a potential problem.
Are you passionate about Ulverston?
Send your news and pictures to: email@example.com
A picture CD from the Evening Mail featuring 200 views of Ulverston based on old picture postcards from the Victorian era onwards.
Featured are carnival queens and parades, industry, shopping, town streets and schools. Price £6.99 + £1 uk postage
Ghyll Singers Ladies Choir