HUGE crowds lined the streets and showed their appreciation for the many inventive creations on show at this year’s Ulverston Lantern Festival. Pictures Jon Granger. (2 comments)
- First look at housing plan for Ulverston landmark
- Medal with Ulverston connection could go for £30k
- Final preparations being made for tonight’s Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Mystery of the ship lost more than 160 years ago is solved
- Duchess of Gloucester visits Ulverston
- Road closure warning ahead of Ulverston Lantern Festival
- Crown court date set for Ulverston man accused of stabbing his girlfriend
POWER for light and heat has been produced around the county’s coastline for well over a 100 years but it is only in very recent times that moving it around has become a potential problem.
Are you passionate about Ulverston?
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A picture CD from the Evening Mail featuring 200 views of Ulverston based on old picture postcards from the Victorian era onwards.
Featured are carnival queens and parades, industry, shopping, town streets and schools. Price £6.99 + £1 uk postage
Ghyll Singers Ladies Choir