At the AGM of the Duddon & High Furness District Scouts we heard that the District will be merged with the Barrow District and the Millom District.
The County Commissioner, Graham White, outlined the position and hoped the process will be completed by Christmas this year.
The lack of Adults willing to take on the District Commissioner's role has been one of the main reasons for this merger. The idea has been talked about for a while - it still is a bit sad when a timetable is drawn up.
This is unfortunate as the District has seen its numbers generally increasing by 21% over the past year.
However we look forward to the new enlarged District which as yet has not been given a name.
Published: November 21, 2010
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
Evening Mail homepage
- Fitness Challenge
- Festival organisers’ plea for funding help following £75k cuts
- Fitness improving
- Julia overcomes health problems to fulfil dream
- Hotel plan for pub
- End of the regeneration game?
- Growing skills for the future
- Dad and daughter fought lung cancer
- Diversification key to low carbon economy
- Jubilee tree damage causes ‘heartbreak’
- Mum with brain condition tells of battle
- Race for life roll of honour
- Robber stole man’s wallet
- ParkingEye firm slammed over Barrow plans (21 comments)
- Controversial dancer set to face her critics
- Furness regroup for Upper Eden test
- Holker Old Boys shine in silver
- Festival could be real legacy
- New £2m project not too tall an order for company
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22