Former Ulverston doctor to face practise hearing
Published at 14:59, Monday, 12 April 2010
A FORMER Ulverston doctor was set to face a fitness to practise hearing today.
Dr Henry Chichester Vaughan Edward Hart is due to appear before a panel from the General Medical Council in Manchester.
A spokesman for the GMC said: “The panel will inquire into the allegation that Dr Hart, whilst employed as a locum general practitioner in between 2004 and 2008, at the Bayside Family Practice (based in Ulverston Community Health Centre), exhibited unprofessional behaviour towards staff, professional colleagues and patients.
“It is further alleged that his actions were inappropriate, not of the standard of a registered medical practitioner and not in the best interest of his patients.”
The projected end date of the hearing is May 14.
Dr Hart left the Bayside Family Practice, which served around 4,000 patients, in September 2008.
He later told the Evening Mail he felt unable to continue working there after the GMC requested his work was supervised while it carried out an investigation.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Pledge to spend £7m on upgrading Sandside school in Ulverston
- Fitness fans forced out of Ulverston centre slam new venues
- Councillor criticises 'moronic' rules of Ulverston street market (14 comments)
- Ulverston dad takes on marathon task to raise £20,000 for charities
- Queuing traffic on A590 in Ulverston
- Ulverston school to open as usual today after gas leak fixed
- South Cumbria Master Chef semi-finalist proves he is a serious contender
- First snow of the year falls in South Cumbria
- Ulverston mansion developer’s plans hit the buffers over homes scheme (13 comments)
- Unforgettable day as South Cumbria Guides mark 40th birthday milestone
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (44 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Ulverston faces wait for new recycling service
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (7 comments)
- Ulverston families have to make 20-mile trip to registrar (5 comments)
- Woman pushed down stairs in Ulverston Train Station attack (1 comment)
- Ulverston 'flying rodents' outcry (7 comments)
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Police investigate multiple vehicle crime in Ulverston
- Passengers injured in A590 Ulverston bus crash (1 comment)
- Community rallies round to save ‘vital’ Ulverston health centre bus (1 comment)
- Ulverston flood fears warning (1 comment)
- Barrow dad headbutted partner while she held their child
- Dangerous Ulverston criminal fails in jail term appeal
- Hospital trust including FGH Cumbria pays out £3m in four years over poor care
Evening Mail homepage
Light up a life
Go green 36
Post 16 education
Go green 36