Beer we go – special ale for a royal celebration
Published at 13:11, Thursday, 21 April 2011
DRINKERS will be able to toast the royal wedding and support a charity thanks to a commemorative beer.
Ulverston Brewing Company has taken delivery of its latest special, limited-edition ale, Seal of Approval.
Proprietors Paul Swann and Anita Garnett have brewed the pale ale to mark next Friday’s big day and will donate 50p from every bottle sold in the shop at their brewery in Lightburn Road, to St Mary’s Hospice.
The beer will also be for sale on draught in pubs and in selected shops.
Ms Garnett said: “Because it’s to do with the royal wedding, people might think: ‘We’ll buy one of those as a keepsake’, and hopefully that will help the hospice.
“It might be one of them things you buy to take to a party or as an Easter present for an adult.”
It’s not the first time the company has brewed a beer for a special occasion. Last year the brewery produced an ale called Wembley Assembly to mark Barrow AFC reaching the FA Trophy final.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief