Beer we go – special ale for a royal celebration
Published at 13:11, Thursday, 21 April 2011
DRINKERS will be able to toast the royal wedding and support a charity thanks to a commemorative beer.
Ulverston Brewing Company has taken delivery of its latest special, limited-edition ale, Seal of Approval.
Proprietors Paul Swann and Anita Garnett have brewed the pale ale to mark next Friday’s big day and will donate 50p from every bottle sold in the shop at their brewery in Lightburn Road, to St Mary’s Hospice.
The beer will also be for sale on draught in pubs and in selected shops.
Ms Garnett said: “Because it’s to do with the royal wedding, people might think: ‘We’ll buy one of those as a keepsake’, and hopefully that will help the hospice.
“It might be one of them things you buy to take to a party or as an Easter present for an adult.”
It’s not the first time the company has brewed a beer for a special occasion. Last year the brewery produced an ale called Wembley Assembly to mark Barrow AFC reaching the FA Trophy final.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
Evening Mail homepage
- Firefighters called after woman gets stuck in Ulverston pool
- Public can help decide future of historic Ulverston cottage (5 comments)
- Lucas Palfreeman
- New Ulverston emergency services centre planned (8 comments)
- Jobs hope as Cumbria lighting firm bags luxury jets contract
- Police descend on Ulverston home thought to be drugs hub
- Village holds summit on plans to demolish Coot
- News from Ulverston Operatic Society
- Ulverston photographer has answered the call of the wild
- Floods spark fresh fears over Ulverston housing
Go green 36
The Barber's Shop
Choosing a primary school
Kendall Brothers Ltd