Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
More Ulverston news
- Former Cumbria cricketer aims to lose 25kgs in 25 weeks for hospice
- Thirty per cent wage cuts ‘will force workers to quit’ Cumbria Council warned
- Ulverston traffic rules tightened
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (5 comments)
- Phantom of the Bay found in Ulverston as Marton family wins £1,500
- Improved rail links are ‘vital’ to growth of Ulverston
- Cumbria's top judge calls for mephedrone to be reclassified
- Opposition tears into cost of running council newsletter
- Can you get a good picture of Ulverston canal’s camera-shy otters?
- Homes plan for former Ulverston Territorial Army base
- GSK bosses vow to stand by pledges on Ulverston sports club
- Ulverston woman caught making false claims for benefits (5 comments)
- Ulverston roadworks cause delay
- Chainsaw stolen near Ulverston
- Glaxo unveils masterplan for £350m Ulverston development
- Police hunt Ulverston flasher
- Ulverston mansion homes plans ‘not good enough’ fears
- ‘Share your local knowledge’ for South Lakes homes schemes (1 comment)
- Bogus claims to revive former Ulverston nightclub exposed
- Dinner to raise cash for Ulverston family
- Ulverston business to close after three decades (5 comments)
- Ulverston student behind the scenes at London Fashion Week
- Ulverston faces having no CCTV coverage (1 comment)
- GlaxoSmithKline staff at Ulverston clock up two million injury-free hours and counting
- Project to address Ulverston flooding back on agenda (1 comment)