Bad Hair Day at Croftlands Infant School
Last updated at 16:36, Monday, 16 February 2009
CHILDREN at an Ulverston school put their imaginations to the test to raise money for a worthy cause.
Pupils at Croftlands Infant School donned pigtails, spikes and backcombs on Friday in aid of Eden House Children’s Hospice in Carlisle.
Others opted to wear crazy wigs or sport messy locks and bright colours in their hair to generate as much cash as possible for the centre’s 2009 Bad Hair Day.
Drivers had to do a double take as they passed the Oakwood Drive school and saw youngsters looking wacky in time to start lessons.
Last year, some 28 schools around Cumbria took part in the event - helping to raise £13,204 for Eden House Hospice funds.
It is hoped the amount will be even higher this year once sponsorship money is collected and handed in.
Eden House Children’s Hospice was opened in 2007 after a successful campaign called the Jigsaw Appeal.
All money raised in aid of the hospice or donations made are put towards its £550,000 a year operating costs.
First published at 16:17, Monday, 16 February 2009
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
More Ulverston news
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Ulverston man denies dangerous driving over death of Dalton teen
- Ulverston hospice appeals for volunteers to help make carnival a success
- Ulverston victim asks court not to send her attacker to jail
- Ulverston staff angry after tips stolen (1 comment)
- Ulverston man on drink-driving charge
- A Laurel live music and art makes Ulverston festival a success (1 comment)
- Ulverston business leader takes on 300km adventure - follow his progress
- Ulverston school’s £4.1m development is finally nearing completion (4 comments)
- Ulverston homes proposal wins backing despite fears over historic site
- Ulverston dad is set to take on epic open water challenge
- History brought to life as Ulverston pupils dig deep for archaeology project
- Plans to expand Ulverston venue
- PHOTOS: Ulverston teddy toddle to raise nursery funds
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
Evening Mail homepage
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22